Oncology Care Services Mississauga, ON
Almost 11 million Canadians today have faced a diagnosis of cancer. Some of them have just been diagnosed or are going through treatment, while others no longer have active symptoms of cancer or are thought to be cured. Advances in cancer treatment and changes in health care systems have led to shorter hospital stays and an increase in the number of people seeking treatment at home. Everest Home Health Care is able to provide in-home care and treatment for patients and families who are living with cancer.
Why Choose at Home Care?
A lot of individuals who are receiving oncology treatment, feel more comfortable being cared for at home. Many would rather want to stay at home, so they will not be separated from family, friends, and familiar surroundings. Home care can help patients achieve this desire. It often involves a collaborative team approach that includes physicians, specialists, nurses, social workers, physical therapists, friends, and family members. Home care can be both rewarding and demanding for patients and caregivers. It can change relationships and require families to address new issues and cope with all aspects of patient care.
Types of Oncology Home Health Care Services
There are two types of home health care services for illness or injury:
- Short-term (or acute) care helps you take care of yourself. It helps you to be as independent as possible.
- Long-term care helps you adjust to and manage changes caused by health issues. It supports you to be at the highest level of function and health.
Our services include, but are not limited to:
- IV/IG therapy
- RN, RPN, & PSW visits
- Physical therapy
- Medication management
- Implementing clinical care plans
- Coordinating home medical equipment, pharmacy, and supplies
- Assistance with daily activities
- Performing personal care (bathing, grooming, etc.)
- Assisting with mobility
- Performing light housekeeping
- Running errands (prescription pick-up, dry cleaning, etc.)
- Providing companionship
- Reinforcement of therapy goals/interventions
- Education of patient and family on medication and disease process
At Everest, we know that no two patients are the same. We work with the patient, family, and Physician to assess the needs of the patient and create an individualized plan of care.
We can offer you or your loved one the highest quality of care and assistance needed at home. We understand the issues and concerns that people dealing with cancer experience, and are able to help with activities of daily living and in-home nursing needs to offer the highest level of comfort and recovery. Our highly skilled caregivers will provide immediate and effective nursing care that is designed to meet the patient’s specific needs and support them throughout the recovery process.
If you or a loved one is coping with the challenges, daily stresses, both emotional & psychological effects of being affected by Cancer, Everest Home Health Care can help.